Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Aarrghh, why won't it work!

I updated the registration page, I've done two things. First, I added a rules section that is displayed after registering. This is to make the rules on how to play clearer, such as the fact that you can use other letters in conjunction with those given to you. I think this is a good idea, hopefully it will encourage higher scores and averages too.

The second, I've added the option to put an email address. This is optional, there is absolutely no difference whether you do or don't, but if you do add it, you will get an email with your username and password details.

Depending on which email service you use, it could take up to 3 hours to get an email. From the tests that I have done, Hotmail takes about 3 hours, while the CricketMX server is instantaneous (no surprise there). Also, thanks to Spintop for helping me test it out, his Canadian email service took approximately 2 hours for the email to deliver.

I find it quite odd that it took so long to send, I can only think that there may have been a glitch on Online-Scrabble's end.

I will post an update soon.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, 05 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great and all but I think there is a glitch. when i try to get to any games... I can't. I hope u can fix it. I really like playing scrabble.

 
At Thursday, 06 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got your email regarding this, and it should be fixed now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home